DIRECTORS & STAFF
The President, Registrar, VP Soccer Operations, Directors of Coaching and Age Group Coordinators functions support the coaching and team administrative staff who, in turn, utilize their expertise to develop a high level program for our competitive youth athletes. Decisions will be made with a "quality over quantity" concept in mind. The link between the players, parents, coaches and the club will be the foundation of LVSA
Jim Rasmussen (Jim.firstname.lastname@example.org)
"CLUB VICE PRESIDENT"
Patty Rasmussen (email@example.com)
"DIRECTOR OF SOCCER OPERATIONS"
George McKenna (firstname.lastname@example.org)
"DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS-(REGISTRAR/ADMINISTRATOR)"
Ali Moghadam (email@example.com)
"DIRECTOR OF MLS NEXT"
Eric Wynalda (firstname.lastname@example.org)
"DIRECTOR OF GIRLS & TOURNAMENTS"
Doug Borgel (email@example.com)
"JUNIOR ACADEMY DIRECTOR"
Brent Erwin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
"GIRLS AGE GROUP COORDINATOR"
"GIRLS ACADEMY ADVISOR"
"GOAL KEEPER COACH"
"SPEED & AGILITY COACH"
LVSA PLAYERS ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Attend, be prepared and arrive on time for all practices, games and team functions
- Avoid inappropriate behavior during practices, games, and team or club sponsored events
- Conform to the rules established by the Head Coach of your individual team
- Maintain a positive individual attitude and support a positive team attitude
- Maintain a high level of physical and mental conditioning
- Strengthen and/or improve individual skills outside of regular training
- Demonstrate exemplary sportsmanship
- Report any injury to the Head Coach
- Respect the coach, manager, referee, opponent and the game
- Approach your head coach personally with any soccer-related problem
- Adhere to the laws of the game
- Take victory modestly and defeat graciously
PRACTICE AND FIELD RULES
- When you report to a training session be mentally and physically ready to perform
- Report to training sessions early enough to allow you to prepare your uniform, water, etc. so that training may begin on time
- Training officially begins when the coach starts the warm-up
- Players must wear the prescribed LVSA training uniform
- Players may be required to help staff with carrying balls, water, cones, etc.
- Players may be required to help with any field set-up or break-down
- Players will be required to keep the field neat and free of training related garbage you may be responsible for
- During matches you are required to maintain a professional attitude on the sideline. This includes remaining seated on the sideline unless otherwise instructed by the Head Coach. Comments should be kept to a minimum and reserved for positive reinforcement or congratulations and support. "Trash talking" from the sidelines will not be tolerated.
- You are required to remain with the team until dismissed by the Head Coach or otherwise excused. This includes injury related instances.
- The Head Coach is the "Person in Charge" hence; all questions should be directed to him or her.
DRESS CODE AND APPEARANCE
- LVSA players are required to wear Adidas uniforms. Adidas is the "official" supplier to LVSA
- All players will wear the prescribed game day uniform
- All players will come to training dressed in the prescribed training uniform
- All players will have their alternate uniform available at all matches
- All players are responsible for keeping their match uniforms and training uniforms in proper playing condition. This includes playing shoes being maintained properly and uniforms being cleaned regularly
- For all matches, shin-guards must be worn, socks must be high and shirts must be tucked in